Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Manchester Coach wants flying eagles job


By: OLUSOLA ALAO
Nigeria born FC United club of Manchester, Chukwuma Akuneto has declared his intention to handle the Nigeria U-20 National team, flying eagle.
The highly experienced Coach when it come to nurturing youngster to stardom said it is high time he come home and used his wealth of experience bailed out falling standard of Nigeria football.
The ex-Head Coach of U-19 team of Mohammedan Sporting Club of Kolkata, India said he has all the qualification needed and urge NFF to give him the chance to contribute his own quota to the growth of football in Nigeria and help secure the future of the players and Super eagles.
He said “I have been a Football Coach for over 8 years, working with youths not more than 19, and I am also an accomplished scout for top teams in England which include Blackburn Rovers and Europe because of my ability to identify talents. I am good at developing and bringing young football players through the basis to become professional players that is why I have been in youth system all this while. I have also built many successful football teams by delivering quality football sessions which makes it possible for me to get the very best out of my players and win Football matches. Other nations have benefitted from my knowledge and I am sure it is time and bring that to bear on my nation. I am calling NFF to consider my application to become the next U-20 Coach and they won’t be disappointed. I have all the experience and qualification which are as follows: I have Level 4 Certificate in Coaching Football Preparatory Certificate (UEFA A Prep Coaching Award), Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Football (UEFA B Coaching Award) and FA Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football. I will do the job to my best ability.”
Akuneto who was a graduate of Mechanical Engineering from University of Lagos is currently the Head Coach of FC United club of Manchester Youth team (under 18) and Head Football Coach/Sports tutor at The Manchester College, England.
He previously handled Mohammedan Sporting club of Kolkata, India, New Radiant Sportive of Maldives
He played for the following clubs in Nigeria and abroad between 1989 and 1997. Stationery stores of Lagos, VIP FC of Lagos, ACB FC of Lagos Concord of Abeokuta, Udoji United of Akwa and Rangers International FC of Enugu. He also had stints with Mohun Bagan Athletic club of India, Negombo youth FC of Sri Lanka, Song Lham FC of Vietnam and DPMM of Brunei before calling it a day due to a recurring knee injury he sustained in 1995 playing for Enugu Rangers .
He has the following honours as a Coach,
Won Manchester schools sports cup, Football Youth conference League runners up Manchester College, Greater Manchester County schools cup winners all for Manchester College in 2010. In same year, I won Manchester FA County Cup with FC United. In2009, I was winner of Manchester schools cup, British colleges Elite cup, British colleges Futsal cup all with Manchester College. I won Football Youth Conference League Champions with Manchester College in 2008. In 2004, I won Federation cup (FA CUP) in India with Mohun Bagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment